Updated March 12, 2021
California Department of Health lifts Stay at Home Order (1-25-2021) here.
County graphic updated as of 1/25/21
State of California:
- California’s consolidated Employer COVID-19 Compliance Portal here.
City of Carlsbad:
- Outdoor space activation for businesses here.
- Stay Safe Stay Open downloadable signs, graphics and resources here.
County of San Diego:
- Face Coverings to Be Required When Restaurants, Stores Open here.
- Guidelines to Reopen here.
- Business Plan to Reopen here.
- County of San Diego Order of the Health Officer and Emergency Regulations (10/10/20) here.
- Health and Human Services COVID-19 Dashboard is here.
- Health and Human Services Department updates here.
Economic Stimulus Programs:
- NEW (3-12-2021) Restaurant Revitalization Fund – here.
- California Rebuilding Fund – up to $100,000 loan, here. (OPEN)
- County of San Diego – $30M – businesses with 20 employees or less (closed)
- California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program – $500M for businesses with $2.5M or less in revenue here. (OPEN)
- County of San Diego – $20M. Click for eligibility. Click to apply. (closed)
- City of Carlsbad – $5M, click here to apply. (OPEN)
- City of San Marcos – $3M, click for details (closed)
- City of Poway – $2M, click for details (closed)
- City of Oceanside – $1.18M, click for details (closed)
- City of Vista – none.
- City of Escondido – Up to $15k/business, click for details. (closed)
- City of Encinitas – none.
- City of San Diego – $6.2M click for details (closed)
- County of San Diego – $5M click for details (closed)
- County of San Diego – any business in county under 100 employees – click for details (closed)
Paycheck Protection Program
- SBA and Treasury Announce PPP Re-Opening; Issue New Guidance – Press release here.
- Complete overview of what’s in the new COVID-19 Relief Package here.
- Details about the paycheck protection program, an SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus, are here.
- PPP Forgiveness Guidelines here.
- A breakdown of all SBA Coronavirus Loans are here.
Tax Relief Resources:
- Sales tax deferral for businesses – The state will allow businesses to defer making sales tax payments for up to three months, info here.
- IRS Taxpayer relief information here.
- Executive order for the State of California which extends the tax deadline by 60 days for individuals and businesses (see provision 5, page 2) here.
- San Diego County Property Tax waiving late fees ’til June 30, 2020, here.
Loan/Grant Programs/Funds/Resources Available:
- California Rebuilding Fund – Loan fund that will make flexible, affordable loans to businesses with 50 employees or fewer, details here.
- Main Street program for businesses with less than 15,000 employees, details here.
- High Road Kitchens – $5,000 grants for full-service restaurants in San Diego County, here.
- Better Business Bureau Emergency Grants – closed.
- Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund – closed.
- Cox Media Free advertising for local restaurants here.
- Facebook Grants for Small Business – closed.
- SDG&E Coronavirus relief information here.
- CDC Small Business Finance emergency loan program here.
- San Diego Worker Assistance Fund here.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan here.
- San Diego COVID Community Response Fund information here.
- US Chamber Save Small Business Fund – closed.
- Women’s Empowerment Loan Fund (WELF) for women-owned businesses in San Diego here.
- If you have been laid off, find info here.
- If you missed work due to being sick or caring for someone who is sick with COVID-19, find info here.
- If you are self-employed, an independent contractor or part of the gig economy, find unemployment info here.
Who is Hiring:
- NEW Carlsbad Chamber job board here.
- Innovate 78’s Indeed.com job board here.
- San Diego Life list of companies hiring here.
Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce Resources:
- Carlsbad Restaurants that have Reopened their Dining Room here.
- Local Business Resources During COVID-19 here.
- #CarlsbadStrong Survey Results here.
- Flowchart, What to do if an employee gets Covid (July 29) here.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act pass March 18, 2020, info here.
- Small Business Resource guide from California State Treasurer Ma’s office here.
- A comprehensive listing of resources offered by private, public and non-profit entities to help California businesses here.
- Small Business Development Center open for business during the Covid-19 crisis, details are here.
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers here.
- San Diego Brewers Guild information and resources here.
- San Diego Workforce Partnership resources here.
- San Diego Tourism Authority resource here.
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development: helpful information for employers, employees and all Californians here.
- SDG&E will waive late payment fees for businesses facing hardship, details here.
- Adapting to the online world – need help? Free resources here.
- CDC Tips for Keeping Workplace Safe here.
- California Department of Public Health guidance for retail food, beverage, and other related services here.
- DMV assistance for expiring driver’s licenses here.
- CalChamber Podcast on the “Most Common Questions Employers are Asking on Covid-19” here.
Carlsbad Chamber, City & CVA Joint Communications
- Email #27, 03-11-2021
- Email #25, 01-12-2021
- Email #23, 11-24-2020
- Email #22, 11-12-2020
- Email #21, 10-27-2020
- Email #20, 9-25-2020
- Email #19, 9-16-2020
- Email #18, 9-04-2020
- Email #17, 8-28-2020
- Email #16, 8-21-2020
- Email #15, 07-31-2020
- Email #14, 07-27-2020
- Email #13, 07-15-2020
- Email #12, 07-08-2020
- Email #11, 07-06-2020
- Email #10, 06-11-2020
- Email #9, 05-29-2020
- Email #8, 05-21-2020
- Email #7, 05-08-2020
- Email #6, 04-29-2020
- Email #5, 04-11-2020
- Email #4, 04-03-2020
- Email #3, 04-01-2020
- Email #2, 03-23-2020
- Email #1, 03-17-2020
- Scripps Health COVID Screening Nurse Hotline: 888-261-8431.
- Drive Up Free COVID-19 Testing site – 649 W Mission Ave, Escondido – appointment required from your doctor.
- COVID-19 Antibody test & standard COVID-19 test – Urgent Care 3D – Call 760-544-8233 for your appointment.
- COVID-19 Antibody test – Vitalia Natural Medicine – Call 760-720-6288 for your appointment.
- CDC Guidelines on disinfecting surfaces here.
- Other COVID-19 health resources – call 211.