Helpful & Useful Legislative Links
- The White House Official site – Features a virtual historical tour, history of American presidents and their families, and selected exhibits of art in the White House.
- U.S. Senate Connect with Senators,and learn about Senate committees, legislation, records, art, history, and much more.
- U.S. House of Representatives Information on the United States House of Representatives.
- USA.gov: The US Government’s Official Web Portal Home page of the US Government’s Official Web Portal for all government transactions, services and information.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce The world’s largest business organization representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions.
California State Resources:
- State of California – The CA.gov portal serves as the front door to all State department websites, providing immediate access to major topic areas, news, hundreds of online services, and millions of pages of web content.
- Governor of California Homepage for Governor Newsom’s site contains What’s New, Navigational links, Feature links, Updates from the Governor’s Office.
- California State Senate Obtain Information on Senate bills, committee information, district maps, news releases, research reports, search “Who’s Your Senator”, Capitol virtual tours, a Kid’s Corner, and more.
- California State Assembly Member directory, legislative calendar, committees, caucuses, and the full text of bills and upcoming legislation.
- California Secretary of State Office The Secretary of State’s office is comprised of nearly 500 people who are dedicated to making government more transparent and accessible in the areas of elections, business, political campaigning, legislative advocacy, and historical treasures.
- California Legislative Counsel Welcome to the official site for California legislative information. This site is maintained by the Legislative Counsel of California.
- California Legislative Analyst’s Office The office serves as the “eyes and ears” for the Legislature to ensure that the executive branch is implementing legislative policy in a cost efficient and effective manner. It is known for its fiscal and programmatic expertise and nonpartisan analyses of the state budget.
- California Chamber of Commerce The California Chamber of Commerce is the largest, broad-based business advocate working at the state and federal level to influence government action.
- Ballotpedia A digital encyclopedia of American politics and elections. Our goal is to inform people about politics by providing accurate and objective information about politics at all levels of government. We are firmly committed to neutrality in our content;
- Rough and Tumble is a snapshot of California public policy and politics based on the reporting from publications covering one of the most diverse, trendsetting places in the country. Rough & Tumble provides links to content published at what are considered to be trustworthy and reliable sources of information on the internet. All stories include the name of the original writer and the name of the publication.
- County of San Diego Official information on government services, officials, and departments.
- San Diego Association of Governments This public agency serves as the forum for regional decision-making. SANDAG builds consensus; makes strategic plans; obtains and allocates resources; plans, engineers, and builds public transportation, and provides information on a broad range of topics pertinent to the region’s quality of life. SANDAG policymakers are mayors, councilmembers, and a county supervisor from each of the region’s 19 local governments.
- North County Transit District Official webpage with transit updates, maps, quick links and service schedules.
- City of Carlsbad Official webpage for the City of Carlsbad, CA. Contains contact information, public meeting agenda’s, press releases, and information about city committees.