Corporate Kindness Challenge
Become A Kindness Certified Company!
Kindness Certified Companies (KCC) are good to their people, community, planet and world.
Expanding upon the success of The Great Kindness Challenge, Kids for Peace — in partnership with The Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce — has launched the Kindness Certified program for businesses. This program is all about recognizing upstanding companies for their commitment to kindness. And after a difficult 2020, our world needs a re-emphasis on kindness!
Together – with our families, schools, businesses and nonprofit partners – we will bring our community together and propel the kindness movement forward.
Why Become a Kindness Certified Company?
- Associate your company with higher values and ideals
- Reinforce your positive branding
- Improve organizational culture
- Build relationships and connect with like-minded companies
- Increase exposure by being featured on the Kids for Peace and Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce websites
- Attract talent – Who wouldn’t want to work for a Kindness Certified Company?!
- Gain access to meaningful employee volunteer opportunities
- Accelerate the kindness movement that started in Carlsbad, CA
- Receive a Kindness Certified Company seal & certificate to share far and wide
As a Kindness Certified Company, you agree to the following values and aspirations:
Be Good To Your People
- Embrace diversity, inclusion and equity
- Communicate with respect and kind words
- Celebrate and honor one another
Support Our Community
- Make an annual donation of any amount to a nonprofit serving Carlsbad
- Volunteer for at least one community service project annually
Be Kind To Our Planet
- Make environmentally-conscious decisions
- Take earth-friendly actions
Create A Better World
- Do your part to create a kinder and more compassionate world
In return, we will:
- Feature all participating companies on Kids for Peace and Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce websites
- Recognize all Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce member companies with a special designation in the Member’s Directory
- Share a quarterly newsletter volunteer opportunities and helpful resources
- Provide meaningful volunteer opportunities for your employees
- Organize an annual community-wide service project
- Provide a business-focused kindness checklist to be part of the annual Great Kindness Challenge
- Provide a Kindness Certified Company seal & certificate to share (hardcopy & electronic)