Local Business Offers and Resources During COVID-19
Local Business Offers and Resources During COVID-19 | Free & Discounted Services
Our members are adjusting to the new COVID-19 reality and we couldn’t be more proud! They continue to work for you while helping the community. So please check out this list, see if you could use their services and support them! Are you a member, have a way to help the community but don’t see yourself on the list? Please reach out to [email protected] so you can be included!
*U.S. Small Business Administration – Overview on Economic Injury Disaster Loans Presentation – From Carlsbad Chamber COVID-19 Webinar | SBA, Insurance & HR Issues – 3/25
- Urgent Care 3D – The much anticipated COVID – 19 Antibody test and the standard COVID-19 testing are both now available at all of our locations: 1) COVID-19 Antibody tests 2) COVID-19 nasal swab. Office or Telemedicine/Virtual visits are required prior to testing. Call 760-544-8233 for your appointment. Our offices remain open and safe. UrgentCare3D physicians are available for in- office or Telemedicine /Virtual visits for all your Urgent and Primary care needs. Walk ins always welcome. Carlsbad location: 6010 Hidden Valley Rd., Ste. 150
- ALL MAVEN – The digital agency is putting on a FREE webinar (March 26, 11AM) on navigating the changes from in-person to online business! They’ll be covering the best tools, practices, and optimizing of your online presence, with a live Q&A! REGISTER
- AlphaGraphics – 20% discount for restaurant banners and takeout menus. Read their post on how to get this discount and more tips on promoting that your business is still open.
- Anthony’s Notary Public & Loan Signing Agent – If you need to notarize a document, reach out to him and he will come to you.
- Beacon SEO – He is doing a free 5-Day Marketing Bootcamp to show business owners how to use online marketing for their businesses without having to work with an agency to keep costs down.
- Believe in Signs – Are you Open for Business? Do you want professionally done signage that reminds people to keep 6′ distance? Visit Believe in Signs’ Special COVID-19 online website where you can order beautifully made signs for your business!
- CA HR Services – Have a list of resources on their website, as well as discounted rates to help businesses. They have been sending regular legal and wage & hour updates, forms, memos and how-to guides with detailed explanations to the community at large and are happy to assist businesses during this difficult time yet align their HR practices so that they can thrive!
- Carlsbad Cookie Company – Take advantage of complimentary delivery within Carlsbad by ordering on line, and select ‘pick up’. They will coordinate with each person for the delivery.
- Cloudforia – will stand up any Chamber business on the Salesforce platform in one week for $3,600!
- CMIT Solutions – They are hosting a webinar Friday, April 3 on creating a safe and secure work-from-home culture to ensure your business continues to run smoothly as we all adjust to this new normal.
- Cornerstone Home Lending – Carl Streicher is offering a free Annual Mortgage Review and consultation for those interested in evaluating if this is the right time to buy, sell or refinance. In addition to this Mortgage Review, Carl will offer 50% off on your appraisal with any home loan with Cornerstone Home Lending.
- Easy Life Management – They are offering a free 1/2 hour coaching session. This will include mapping out a strategy to emerge stronger when this is all over. Contact Kristen at [email protected], or call 760-730-1817.
- Edward Jones – Read their guidance on the Highlights of the recently passed CARES Act.
- EHF Pilates – Offering free virtual classes M/W/F at 8:30 AM and T/TH 9 AM via Zoom for the next few weeks. Classes are intermediate with modifications offered and participants can simply connect here, and message what classes they would like to attend!
- E.P.I.C. North County Conscious Living Magazine – Chamber Members receive 50% off all display Ads + chance to win a free ad. email [email protected] for more information.
- Fairfield Marriott Carlsbad – For all essential service employees, first responders, medical providers, government employees and food workers, our doors are open! Complementary parking, Wi-Fi, Grab and Go Breakfast, and on-site Laundry!
- Are you in need of a workspace? Reserve a room for $59 w/ complementary Wi-Fi, parking, coffee and tea! Call 760-579-0155
- Fisher Phillips – Some legal resources for employers:
- Read the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Legal Alert
- Read their Comprehensive FAQ for Employers – COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice (Employee Rights)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice FAQ
- DLSE Guidance – CA Labor Commissioner’s guidance that came out 3/25 regarding the Governor’s suspension of the Cal-WARN 60-day requirement.
- Department of Labor FAQ – Paid leave provisions are effective April 1, 2020 (not April 2 as anticipated). Includes some clarification and confirmation, including for example the applicability of the “fewer than 500” rule (pulling from the FMLA integrated enterprise test, and FLSA joint employer analysis).
- Shelter-In-Place Ordinances – There have been a number of new ‘shut-down’ or ‘shelter-in-place’ orders that have gone into effect around the country in the last 3 days. Information on those can be found here and here.
- Fortis Fitness and Strength Training & YOGALUX: Providing 2-3 Instagram fitness classes. Just follow them on Instagram! Even if you can’t watch it live, they will be posted on their YouTube!
- GIA – Start Your GIA Education from Home with an Online eLearning Course – Scholarships are Available! Apply by 3/31! Click here for more info
- Jani Jackson – Will be a speaker of the webinar series “Managing Through Crisis”, regarding leadership during times of change like this.
- Jazzercise: They are providing on-the-go Cardio, Strength, & Stretch workouts that can be done at home (or anywhere!). Click here to redeem a free 14-day trial. If space allows, we’d like to offer special local pricing for Carlsbad residents. Use the code CBADLOCAL (must be in all caps) for discounted monthly pricing of $14.99 after the 14 day trial is up.
Here’s how you can redeem your Carlsbad locals code:
• Go to ondemand.jazzercise.com and click “SUBSCRIBE NOW”
• Choose the MONTHLY OPTION
• Enter PERSONAL INFORMATION
• Enter payment information – this page is where you will enter promo code: CBADLOCAL – be sure to click APPLY CODE or it will not be redeemed
• When you see your new price reflected in red, click “COMPLETE MY ORDER”
- JDog Junk Removal & Hauling – They are willing to drop off food or supplies to people in need! Best way to reach them is at 760-291-8917. Let them know what you need.
- John O’Reilly, founder of the now disbanded North County Job Transition Ministry (formed during the ’08-’09 Great Recession), is making himself available to meet and help teach people how to conduct a job search most effectively. Sessions are free, informal, done via a video conference and will take 60-90 minutes. He has shared concepts widely helping more than 100 people find a job or a better job in the last 15 years. Contact John at 760-504-6040 (texting is fine), [email protected], or on LinkedIn.
- Leap Into Leadership – She is giving a free webinar called “Leadership in Times of Crisis’ which will teach people managers how to best support their teams through change and transition!
- LendSpark – LendSpark is working with clients that have not heard back from their banks and are willing to submit their PPP application to another potential lender. Since this program is a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE pool of funds, they are attempting to help you get the necessary funds for your business!
- Linda’s Gifts – Mon-Sat: 10AM-5PM, Sun: 11AM-5PM. On-site Post office and services as well as games, puzzles and toys!
- Minuteman Press – They designed a few helpful posters to support cleanliness and facts about COVID-19. Feel free to print and post at your places of work!
- MOVETIC – Free consultation on branding and marketing for your business during these trying times! Contact Josh Roush – 760-845-5113
- My San Diego North County – They are hosting a free webinar with Q&A every Tuesday and Thursday from 9-9:45AM on different topics regarding Business Insights and Tips for Success during this challenging time. Get more info and register here!
- Museum of Making Music – Presenting several fun and educational live streaming events from band conducting, to MIDI production! Find the schedule of events here!
- National University – FREE Online classes for California Students affected by COVID-19. More info.
- Park 101 – They have started a Buy 1 Give 1 Program. They are donating meals to Nursing homes within Carlsbad and the Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside. Our Doctors and Nurses are overworked and in need of great meals to give them the energy during this pandemic. They also created a special donation button that people can purchase meals for first responders and our elderly for $10. Call Park 101 at 760-434-2217.
- Pocial – They specialize in creating an in-store experience online! Their virtual assistant can have conversations, generate leads and since many are needing to have a greater online presence, they can offer a 50% discount on all products for a year with no contract (meaning you can cancel whenever things normalize). They are setup to function remotely, so they can build out the products and implement them without having to meet in person). It can be implemented into your existing website or a landing page, and allows for 24/7 customized interaction and lead generation through interactive video. A current client example can be found here.
- Procopio – Hosting several FREE WEBINARS regarding Employers, Business Insurance, and Important Questions. REGISTER for upcoming (Mar 23, 26) and WATCH previous webinars here! They also have a resource page with regularly updated information here.
- PettitKohn – They have released a number of resources for employment and employers. Read their latest COVID-19 Newsletter. Read about President Trump’s extended paid sick leave legislation.
Employment attorney resources:
Attorney – Ryan Nell – 858-509-5690
Attorney – Tom Ingrassia – 858-345-8513
Attorney – Jennifer Lutz – 858-345-8514
- Rouleur Brewery: To order beer, simply click here, place your order and then it will be ready for pick up in the afternoon. Pick up windows are Mon-Fri 4-7pm and Sunday 2-7pm.
- Ryan Video Productions: FREE Recorded ZOOM video (:45-60 seconds) of a business owner making an announcement to their customers. Video will be branded with logo and call to action/web/phone. Can be posted on your website during the shutdown, or sent out through your social media. Includes coaching, recording and editing. Offer good for first 12!
Email Chris, or call 760-410-4443!
- SD Party Rentals – Open for emergencies or if in need of canopies, tents, barricades, etc. They are offering these items at no charge!
- San Diego Tourism Authority – Here are several ways the SDTA is offering resources and opportunities to collaborate.
- Opt-in to our email list. We’re sending weekly updates to our Members and would like to invite you, and any of your member businesses to receive this communication.
- Research page – This page has our latest visitor industry stats. We’ve removed the paywall during the crisis. The most timely items are in the Lodging Performance section > Latest Hotel Performance (STR) reports. These highlight what the hotel occupancy numbers look like and compare our comp set.
- Business listings – If your organization is posting lists of open businesses still offering services, we want to know and share. Please send me your link.
- The SDTA has asked Members to self-report businesses that are open or closed:
a. Business Status Submission Form
b. Business Status Results
- Stifel – Check out their information regarding the CARES Act
- Sq.fit – sq.fit is offering space for FREE for any instructor that would like to teach virtual classes. Support and resources can be provided to help out all fit pros out there stuck at home.
- Target River – FREE digital advertising campaign for first 30 Carlsbad Chamber Members who respond. No obligation offer to get up to six digital ads and up to 100,000 impressions. Contact Brian Epperson at 619-571-7359 or [email protected]
- Trove Marketplace – Pick-Up by Appointment, or Delivery – 442-500-2007
- UrgentCare3D – Virtual Physicians are available 7 days a week from 9AM-9PM. To schedule your tele-med virtual appointment call 760-544-8233
- Vitalia Natural Medicine – Click here for the latest info on Keeping your Immune system Strong!They are also planning on reopening on Monday 4/13 with reduced hours. Call 760-720-6288 for appointments
- West Inn & Suites Hotel – Currently open and are offering special rates online!
- San Diego Oasis – San Diego Oasis is a nonprofit organization serving people over the age of 50 throughout the region by promoting successful aging through lifelong learning, healthy living, and community service. The organization is offering free and low cost online classes.
- Cox Media is offering FREE advertising to local restaurants who are open for business for take-out. The free advertising will include graphical information about the restaurant, so no video footage is required, and the advertising will run for a minimum of two weeks for each restaurant. The commercials will air across a wide variety of networks – nearly 50 channels including all types of genres. Channels include A&E, AMC, Bravo, Comedy Central, CNN, Discovery and more. Airtime is limited, so interested restaurants should call 1-855-755-2691 or email [email protected] to reserve a spot!