Stay and play the day Away
You know Carlsbad, a charming coastal city in Southern California known for its stunning beaches, world-renowned attractions, and laid-back lifestyle. But have you ever experienced it as a visitor taking advantage of all the things to do? Carlsbad has something for everyone! So pack your bags for a stay in Carlsbad.
First things first, you’ll need a place to stay. Carlsbad offers a wide range of accommodation options, from luxurious beachfront resorts to cozy bed and breakfasts. There is an experience for you, regardless of what your style is. Take in views of beaches and the ocean, enjoy luxurious amenities like championship golf courses, book some time at a spa, and enjoy unique dining right on site at many of our hotels.
Now that you’ve settled into your accommodation, it’s time to explore some of Carlsbad’s top attractions.
1. LEGOLAND California Resort: If you have kids, LEGOLAND is a must-visit destination. This family-friendly theme park is packed with interactive rides, shows, and attractions – like the newly opened Miniland San Diego, all themed around everyone’s favorite building blocks.
2. Carlsbad Village: Our quaint village is the heart of Carlsbad, and it’s home to some of the city’s best restaurants, cafes, and shops. Take a stroll down State Street, the village’s main thoroughfare, and explore the unique boutiques and galleries that line the street.
3. Carlsbad State Beach: No staycation in Carlsbad is complete without a visit to our beautiful beaches. Carlsbad State Beach is a popular spot for swimming, surfing, and sunbathing, and it’s just steps away from the village.
4. The SEA LIFE Aquarium: Located next to LEGOLAND, the SEA LIFE Aquarium is home to over 5,000 sea creatures, including sharks, stingrays, and sea turtles. Kids will love the interactive exhibits and hands-on activities.
5. Museum of Making Music: Music lovers will enjoy a visit to the Museum of Making Music, a unique museum that celebrates the history of musical instruments and their impact on American culture. The museum features interactive exhibits, rare instruments, and educational programs that showcase the evolution of music and the technology behind the instruments we know and love. With over 400 vintage instruments on display, including guitars, drums, pianos, and synthesizers, visitors can learn about the evolution of music from the early 1900s to the present day.
6. Carlsbad Premium Outlets: If you’re in the mood for some shopping, head to the Carlsbad Premium Outlets. This outdoor shopping center features over 90 stores, including designer brands like Kate Spade, Michael Kors, and Coach. Not finding exactly what you’re looking for? Carlsbad Village, Carlsbad Forum, and Shoppes at Carlsbad provide even more options to shop!
7. Batiquitos Lagoon: For nature lovers, the Batiquitos Lagoon is a must-visit destination. This 610-acre nature preserve is home to over 185 species of birds, making it a popular spot for birdwatching.
8. Hiking Trails: Carlsbad is home to several beautiful hiking trails, offering breathtaking views of the city’s coastline and natural landscapes. One of the most popular trails is the Batiquitos Lagoon Trail, a 3-mile loop that takes you through the Batiquitos Lagoon Preserve.
For a more challenging hike, head to the Lake Calavera Preserve, where you can hike the 4-mile loop trail around a volcanic crater. These trails are perfect for outdoor enthusiasts looking to explore Carlsbad’s natural beauty on foot.
As you can see, Carlsbad has no shortage of things to see and do. From family-friendly attractions to outdoor adventures to shopping and dining, there’s something for everyone in this charming coastal city. So what are you waiting for? Stay and play in Carlsbad today!