The Education Committee will enhance the educational experience by linking academics, business and community to promote real world learning, support partnerships, and encourage and celebrate educational excellence in our schools.
Fourth Wednesday of the Month
8 am – 9 am
No July Meeting
Contact Staff Liaison to receive committee notifications
Voted Committee of the Year:
2018, 2016, 2012, & 2008
ABC: ACADEMICS, BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY
The Education Committee is open to all Chamber members and is made up of a group of educators (teachers, principals and superintendents) from the Carlsbad and Encinitas Union School District and businesses who are interested in a meaningful dialogue about how to ensure that students are prepared for, and have the necessary skills for, the best possible future.
Education Committee Goals:
- Connect the needs of business with the curriculum and passion of education; create a better understanding of those needs between schools, businesses and the community through a variety of activities that are mutually beneficial in the areas of mentorship, real world learning and educational excellence.
- Motivate our schools to creatively foster relationships by networking with community groups, sharing resources with local businesses and nurturing corporate sponsors.
- Improve the synergy between education and the community by forming collaborative partnerships between schools and businesses in both city-wide and individual school settings.
- Celebrate learning, expand teacher and student horizons and support children’s real world learning through mentorship, internships and partnerships.
- Build bridges between stakeholders in our children’s future through community passion and awareness.