ABC: ACADEMICS, BUSINESS AND COMMUNITY
The Education Committee is made up of a group of educators (teachers, principals and superintendents) from the Carlsbad and Encinitas Union School District and businesses who are interested in a meaningful dialogue about how to ensure that students are prepared for, and have the necessary skills for, the best possible future.
Education Committee Goals:
- Connect the needs of business with the curriculum and passion of education; create a better understanding of those needs between schools, businesses and the community through a variety of activities that are mutually beneficial in the areas of mentorship, real world learning and educational excellence.
- Motivate our schools to creatively foster relationships by networking with community groups, sharing resources with local businesses and nurturing corporate sponsors.
- Improve the synergy between education and the community by forming collaborative partnerships between schools and businesses in both city-wide and individual school settings.
- Celebrate learning, expand teacher and student horizons and support children’s real world learning through mentorship, internships and partnerships.
- Build bridges between stakeholders in our children’s future through community passion and awareness.
The Education Committee meets at 7:30 a.m. on the fourth Wednesday of the month at the Chamber office. This committee does not meet in the month of July.
“As a business person who is also trained as an educator, I am very concerned about how we are preparing our children for the future. If I can help add to the conversation so that business understands education and vice versa, it is very rewarding. We need as much dialog and collaboration as possible in order for our children to be equipped to manage the immense changes they will face in their lifetimes. The benefit is knowing that I can make a difference in our community for business, educators and students.”
“As Chief Operations Officer of the Agua Hedionda Lagoon Foundation, I participate in the Education Committee to promote the Foundation’s educational offerings, and build upon relationships with the Carlsbad and Encinitas school districts, their leadership and businesses in the community supporting our students’ growth and needs.”
The Education Committee is open to ALL Carlsbad Chamber members.
Carlsbad Chamber staff liaison: Joseph Pimentel
For more information or to join the committee, please call at (760) 931-8400 ext. 218. If you would like to receive meeting agendas and notices, please e-mail Joseph Pimentel.