The Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce consistently tracks legislation that may impact the business community. In addition, thanks to the California Chamber of Commerce, the Chamber is able to easily follow the voting record of its elected officials. This summary shows how Senator Patricia Bates and Assemblymember Tasha Boerner-Horvath voted for the second year of the 2019–2020 legislative session and focuses on these California legislators’ floor votes on California Chamber of Commerce priority bills.
Banking and Finance
- AB 2501 (Limón; D- Santa Barbara) New Onerous Burdens on Lenders. CalChamber Opposed/Job Killer.
California Environmental Quality Act
- AB 2323 (Friedman; D-Glendale) Streamlines CEQA for Housing. CalChamber Supported.
- AB 345 (Muratsuchi; D-Torrance) Threatens Oil and Gas Development Operations. CalChamber Opposed/Two Year Job Killer.
- SB 977 (Monning; D-Carmel)Prevents Health Systems fromExecuting Prudent Business Decisions. CalChamber Opposed.
Housing and Land Use
- SB 902 (Wiener; D-San Francisco) Promotes Housing. Cal-Chamber Supported.
- SB 1120 (Atkins; D-San Diego) Promotes Housing. Cal-Chamber Supported.
Industrial Safety and Health
- AB 685 (Reyes; D-San Bernardino) Unclear and Unfair COVID-19 Notice. CalChamber Opposed.
Labor and Employment
- AB 3216 (Kalra; D-San Jose) New COVID-19 Employment Leave Mandate. CalChamber Opposed/Job Killer.
- SB 1383 (Jackson; D-Santa Barbara) Employees: Time Off CalChamber Opposed/Job Killer.
- SB 973 (Jackson; D-Santa Barbara) Disclosure of Company Pay Data. CalChamber Opposed.
Privacy and Cybersecurity
- AB 1281 (Chau; D-Monterey Park) California Consumer Privacy Act. CalChamber Supported.
- SB 54 (Allen; D-Santa Monica) Unprecedented Product Regulation in California. CalChamber Opposed Unless Amended/Former Job Killer 2019.
- AB 1080 (Lorena Gonzalez; D-San Diego) Unprecedented Product Regulation in California. CalChamber Opposed Unless Amended/Former Job Killer 2019.
- SB 972 (Skinner; D-Berkeley) Corporate Shaming Tax Disclosure. CalChamber Opposed.