Updated July 31, 2020
Guidelines for Businesses to Reopen!
- Small Business Comeback Act needs a letter from you, more details here, and template for letter here.
- City of Carlsbad Dashboard – What’s Open, What’s Not (June 1) here.
- County of San Diego – Face Coverings to Be Required When Restaurants, Stores Open (May 20) here.
- County of San Diego Guidelines to Reopen (May 5) here.
- County of San Diego Business Plan to Reopen (May 5) here.
- Flowchart, What to do if an employee gets Covid (July 29) here.
- County of San Diego Order of the Health Officer and Emergency Regulations (July 31) here.
Local Economic Stimulus Programs:
- City of Carlsbad – $5M, click here to apply.
- City of San Marcos – $3M, click for details
- City of Poway – $2M, click for details
- City of Oceanside – $1.18M, click for details
- City of Vista – none.
- City of Escondido – Up to $15k/business, click for details.
- City of Encinitas – none.
- City of San Diego – $6.2M click for details
- County of San Diego – (for unincorporated areas) – $5M click for details
- NEW – County of San Diego – any business in county under 100 employees – click for details
Paycheck Protection Program
- Details about the paycheck protection program, an SBA loan that helps businesses keep their workforce employed during the Coronavirus, are here.
- US Chamber Overview of program here.
- Fact sheet for borrowers here.
- Fact sheet for lenders here.
- PPP Forgiveness Guidelines here.
- A breakdown of all SBA Coronavirus Loans are here.
- Stay home except for essential needs order from the State of California here.
- Essential businesses and industries here.
San Diego County resources:
- San Diego County Health and Human Services COVID-19 Dashboard is here.
- San Diego County Health and Human Services Department is providing updates here.
Tax Relief Resources:
- IRS Taxpayer relief information here.
- Executive order for the State of California which extends the tax deadline by 60 days for individuals and businesses (see provision 5, page 2) here.
- San Diego County Property Tax waiving late fees ’til June 30, 2020, here.
Loan/Grant Programs/Funds/Resources Available:
- NEW – Main Street program for businesses with less than 15,000 employees, details here.
- NEW – High Road Kitchens – $5,000 grants for full-service restaurants in San Diego County, here.
- Better Business Bureau Emergency Grants here.
- Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund here.
- Cox Media Free advertising for local restaurants here.
- Facebook Grants for Small Business here.
- SDG&E Coronavirus relief information here.
- CDC Small Business Finance emergency loan program here.
- Small Business Relief Initiative from GoFundMe and Quickbooks here.
- San Diego Worker Assistance Fund here.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan here.
- San Diego COVID Community Response Fund information here.
- US Chamber Save Small Business Fund here.
- Women’s Empowerment Loan Fund (WELF) for women-owned businesses in San Diego here.
- If you have been laid off, find info here.
- If you missed work due to being sick or caring for someone who is sick with COVID-19, find info here.
- If you are self-employed, an independent contractor or part of the gig economy, find unemployment info here.
Who is Hiring:
- San Diego North Economic Development Center list of local companies hiring here.
- San Diego Life list of companies hiring here.
Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce Resources:
- Carlsbad Restaurants that have Reopened their Dining Room here.
- Local Business Resources During COVID-19 here.
- #CarlsbadStrong Survey Results here.
- Chamber Survey, who got financial relief from Round 1 PPP/EIDR here.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act pass March 18, 2020, info here.
- Small Business Resource guide from California State Treasurer Ma’s office here.
- A comprehensive listing of resources offered by private, public and non-profit entities to help California businesses here.
- Small Business Development Center open for business during the Covid-19 crisis, details are here.
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers here.
- San Diego Brewers Guild information and resources here.
- San Diego Workforce Partnership resources here.
- San Diego Tourism Authority resource here.
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development: helpful information for employers, employees and all Californians here.
- SDG&E will waive late payment fees for businesses facing hardship, details here.
- Adapting to the online world – need help? Free resources here.
- CDC Tips for Keeping Workplace Safe here.
- California Department of Public Health guidance for retail food, beverage, and other related services here.
- DMV assistance for expiring driver’s licenses here.
- CalChamber Podcast on the “Most Common Questions Employers are Asking on Covid-19” here.
Carlsbad Chamber, City & CVA Joint Communications
- Email #15, 07-31-2020
- Email #14, 07-27-2020
- Email #13, 07-15-2020
- Email #12, 07-08-2020
- Email #11, 07-06-2020
- Email #10, 06-11-2020
- Email #9, 05-29-2020
- Email #8, 05-21-2020
- Email #7, 05-08-2020
- Email #6, 04-29-2020
- Email #5, 04-11-2020
- Email #4, 04-03-2020
- Email #3, 04-01-2020
- Email #2, 03-23-2020
- Email #1, 03-17-2020
- Scripps Health COVID Screening Nurse Hotline: 888-261-8431.
- Drive Up Free COVID-19 Testing site – 649 W Mission Ave, Escondido – appointment required from your doctor.
- COVID-19 Antibody test & standard COVID-19 test – Urgent Care 3D – Call 760-544-8233 for your appointment.
- COVID-19 Antibody test – Vitalia Natural Medicine – Call 760-720-6288 for your appointment.
- CDC Guidelines on disinfecting surfaces here.
- Other COVID-19 health resources – call 211.